Intel is investigating reports that a claimed hacker has leaked 20GB of data coming from the chip giant, which appear to be related to source code and
Intel is investigating reports that a claimed hacker has leaked 20GB of data coming from the chip giant, which appear to be related to source code and developer documents and tools.
“The information appears to come from the Intel Resource and Design Center, which hosts information for use by our customers, partners and other external parties who have registered for access,” an Intel spokesperson told SecurityWeek. “We believe an individual with access downloaded and shared this data.”
According to an individual behind the leak, the files “were given to me by an Anonymous Source who breached them earlier this Year, more details about this will be published soon.”
“Most of the things here have NOT been published ANYWHERE before and are classified as confidential, under NDA or Intel Restricted Secret,” the individual claims.
Contents of data claimed to be in the leak include:
• Intel ME Bringup guides + (flash) tooling + samples for various platforms
• Kabylake (Purley Platform) BIOS Reference Code and Sample Code + Initialization code (some of it as exported git repos with full history)
• Intel CEFDK (Consumer Electronics Firmware Development Kit (Bootloader stuff)) SOURCES
• Silicon / FSP source code packages for various platforms
• Various Intel Development and Debugging Tools
• Simics Simulation for Rocket Lake S and potentially other platforms
• Various roadmaps and other documents
• Binaries for Camera drivers Intel made for SpaceX
• Schematics, Docs, Tools + Firmware for the unreleased Tiger Lake platform
• Kabylake FDK training videos
• Intel Trace Hub + decoder files for various Intel ME versions
• Elkhart Lake Silicon Reference and Platform Sample Code
• Debug BIOS/TXE builds for various Platforms
• Bootguard SDK (encrypted zip)
• Intel Snowridge / Snowfish Process Simulator ADK
• Various schematics
• Intel Marketing Material Templates (InDesign)
SecurityWeek will follow the story and provide updates and analysis.